Tuesday, February 06, 2007

Mafia Week '07: Game #1

To celebrate my 2nd Blogiversary, I couldn't decide on one activity, so I opted for a few. How many? I don't know. I have lots of ideas, but we'll see what the week brings.
speaking of my week: there's no surro-baby yet + Little Man has conjuctivitis + our dear friend/doula is at the hospital with her youngest, who has either RSV or pneumonia, so please go send her lots of love.

Alright -- back to the celebrating. Beth's "Mafia Week" idea rocks, so I adopted it. Sharon says that only 7% of bloggers make it to the first year, so I'm feeling kinda special. That can only mean one thing -- a contest!

For the one knitter in the universe who doesn't own a copy of Knitting Rules, I'm giving one away. But you have to answer the following question:

What is the birthmark just above my right knee shaped like?

The first correct response in the comments gets a copy of Knitting Rules. If you'd like to guess, but already own the book, just say so. If you're right, you get the sense of moral superiority from winning, but the next correct answer gets the book. Make sense?


I'll take guesses until Thursday at 12noon and will announce the winner shortly thereafter. Good luck!

12 comments:

Beth S. said...

The London Underground!... Oh wait, no, that's Dumbledore. ;-)

(I already have the book anyway)

Alex said...

Happy blogiversary! I already have the book, and Beth took my answer anyway, so I'll say... um... the Paris Metro map. ;)

Rhonda the Stitchingnut said...

I have the book but my guess is,
Map of the Big Dig?

Thorny said...

Why am I thinking it's a club? (Like, off a playing card, not swiped from a caveman's locker at the gym.) Probably the crack talking.

But if not - consider this my entry, because I actually don't have Knitting Rules! yet.

Happy Blogiversary!

Kim said...

I have no idea, but I'll play for Mafia Week. A crescent moon?

Kathy said...

Spain!

Happy Blogiversary!

Christy said...

Um..Italy. That'd be cool.

Bostonworkerbee said...

how embarrassing that I don't own this book. but i can't possibly think what your birthmark is like.... harry potter's?

Anonymous said...

Happy Blogiversary!
Hmm, my guess is... a butterfly?

JessZ said...

Jimmy Hoffa? Happy Blogiversary!

Anonymous said...

Opabinia (all out of wit, so I opted for obscure).

nina beana said...

thanks for the well wishes mama. your maggies saved my life this week, as did your kind thoughts and call, etc.